    (looking at the service manual), so it is a fairly large undertaking.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Chris

    AndrewJ Guest

    Yes you can. I did it with my Toshiba but the external power switch no
    longer works. I got this one for $40.
    http://store.4linkcomm.com/xtie80mipci.html

    AndrewJ, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks Andrew! I went ahead and purchased this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45001&item=5711945290

    And since it is just an updated version of the Centrino 802.11b Intel PRO
    chipset, I am hoping that the power switch will still work. If not, it is
    not the worst thing in the world, since I usually leave it on most of the
    time as it is.

    Thanks again for you input.

    Chris, Jul 29, 2004