    For some odd reason my floppy is not being detected. I wonder if its
    possible to update the bios without a floppy somehow? My CD is bootable -
    could I put the driver on a CD and boot from that?

    feee, Jun 8, 2005

  2. feee

    Ginchy Guest

    yep

    Ginchy, Jun 8, 2005

  3. feee

    DaveW Guest

    No. By the way, you might want to mention next time WHICH model of
    motherboard you are asking about.

    DaveW, Jun 9, 2005
  4. feee

    RBM Guest

    If you have the Asus update utility, you could do it over the net, although
    I think you'd be safer fixing the floppy

    RBM, Jun 9, 2005
  5. feee

    name Guest

    Yes, you can. I have updated bioses using a CD. If you have Nero or
    someother CD writing software that can burn a bootable CD, all you have to
    do is first include the bios update files, then when the CD boots the system
    run the bios update utility from the command line. The only limitation is
    you won't be able to backup your old bios to the cd, although, which is
    something I haven't tried, you might be able to backup the old bios to the
    HDD. For example, if the BIOS utility allows manual configuration of where
    the backup goes try, "c:\biosold". This will only work with FAT32, not
    NTFS, unless you, also, included on the bootable CD "readntfs.exe" from
    Wininternals.

    john

    name, Jun 9, 2005
  6. feee

    Old Bugger Guest

    Yes.

    BTW, the floppy drive not being detected was the first sign that my P4P800 Deluxe was on the way towards
    failure.

    Old Bugger, Jun 9, 2005
  7. feee

    Rob Guest

    I've always used the Asus Update utility in Windows - no problems (so far!).

    Rob

    Rob, Jun 9, 2005
  8. feee

    feee Guest

    No. By the way, you might want to mention next time WHICH model of
    Asus P2B

    feee, Jun 11, 2005