Post beep,no graphics and system hangs.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by devilsgamer, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. devilsgamer

    devilsgamer

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Location:
    New York
    I booted up my computer to install my operating system and on the first post screen where the motherboard (Asus a8n32 sli deluxe) Alife logo is displayed the screen dazzled and I got artifacts along with one long consistent beep (like that of a flat line on hospital monitoring equip… ). After a hard shut down and reboot the system skipped giving me the bios entry option and prompted me with Bad Bios error message and to insert Asus support cd. This I did and the system seemed to restore the bios and once complete promptly rebooted. On reboot the system just hung while running, I had no graphics, and received no beeps at all. I rebooted again and from then on up until now I have no graphics and receive a single post beep and the system continues to run. Well hangs! This was all awkward since for the days leading up to this abominable event I was able to boot and enter the bios where I monitored voltages and temperatures. I contacted Asus who guided me through several troubleshooters for the memory, graphics and clearing the cmos. These test which I did before calling indicated by their standard the issue to be with the graphic card. I called again for a second opinion from a different technician and the conclusion as per Asus was that I probably have an issue with my board or specifically its pcie slots. I proceeded to read through eVGA’s knowledge base and found a similar issue which referred to bad onboard memory on the video card which I am not able to check in a different system, and also do not believe to be the issue for the obvious reason that with out the card installed the system won’t post as it should or like it has done before with previous post test, where I would receive consistent beeps indicating no graphics installed. As mentioned above, on power on the system beeps once and continues to run giving no more beeps, no graphics and dose not continue post and alert process as the bios has not been set and the hard drives are blank. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    A8n32 sli deluxe
    X2 4400 (Stock heat sink w/ as5)
    Corsair Twinx PC4000 (2GB)