POST problem Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by ~PCfreak ©~, Oct 28, 2010.

  1. ~PCfreak ©~

    ~PCfreak ©~ Guest

    hello

    I build á system with the following spec's for my brother;

    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1
    Core i7 870
    4x2 GB Kingston hyperX kit
    W7 64 bit

    In the beginning the system was booting perfectly, also the POST went
    normal.
    But suddenly at á cold boot or 'warm' restart, the POST seems to hang,
    he then only see's the top two or three lines of the POST-screen, and
    sometime's the line with memory spec's. Then it takes 1 to 4 minutes
    before de POST goes further to recognise the HD's and DVD's.
    Then W7 starts normally and works perfectly without any problem.

    He also tried the failsafe bios-settings, but it does not help.
    Does anyone knows where de POST is waiting for?

    PS; Sorry for my poor Englisch.

    groetjes Henk

    ~PCfreak ©~, Oct 28, 2010