Power cable for HotSwap "FAN-0074" Chassis Fans?

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by DER, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. DER

    DER Guest

    I have a SC743T-650 Chassis. It comes with the "Three Wire" cables for
    attaching the Mid-Chassis cooling fans to the Motherboard Fans headers. The
    Fans themselves are 3 Wire Fans (fixed speed). Now the SC743T-645 Chassis
    (the low noise version) comes with "Four Wire" Fans (part # FAN-0074) and
    has four wire cables connecting them to the "Four Pin" Motherboard Fan
    Headers (SM's PDSGE Mobo). I now have the "Four Wire" fans, but no "Four
    Wire" cable to connect them to the Mobo...only the "Three Wire" cables that
    came with my SC743T-650 Chassis.

    Does any one know how to obtain these very small, very simple, VERY
    proprietary, cables? SM is no help!

    The "Three Wire" cables actually have "Four" Pin connectors on each end,
    it's just that the "Fourth" hole has no wire inserted. That's how they
    interface with the four pin headers on the Mobo's...they just ignore the
    fourth pin. That four pin allows you to control the Fan speed and hence
    NOISE! Bummer!!

    Any Help would really Help!!!

    DER

    DER, Jun 28, 2006