    5 x A5200 storage array(100-120VAC, 6.6A or 200-240, 3.3A 650W)
    1 x V480 server(100-240VAC, 8.6A)
    total: 25.1A.

    Paul Cho, Jan 12, 2012

  2. You are seriously pushing circuit limits.

    U.S. "National Electorial Code" standards limit you to a continuous load of
    80% of rated circuit capacity for a circuit with 'plug in' devices.

    You will -definitely- have to 'stage' the storage arrays. Per Sun, peak load
    (start-up) for *one* D1000 is _22A_. This could also make for serious issues
    powering up units 6 and 7 in rack 1.

    Sun's specs for a rack of _six_ A5200s lists the 240v requirements as "2x24A",
    which I would take to mean two '30 amp' (at 80% loading) circuits.

    A final consideration -- to get the -full- benefit of the dual/redundant
    power supplies in the gear, you need to have the power-supplies on -different-
    circuits.

    It looks to me like you need -two- '30A' circuits for each rack.

    Robert Bonomi, Jan 26, 2012

  3. Does the OP not have qualified electricians where he lives? If not, at least
    have the fire department on standby when you power up your supernova.

    Fritz Wuehler, Jan 26, 2012