    and there are quite a lot of different options.

    __
    wolfgang

    Wolfgang Kern, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Top Right or Bottom Left ?
    It may just depend on how one use to write the labels to it :)
    Yes, this is correct.
    But this holes are just capability infos and formatting tools
    can play within this given limits in wide variations.

    __
    wolfgang

    Wolfgang Kern, Nov 10, 2007

  3. Allan Adler

    Bob Eager Guest

    I think we're actually talking about two different things. I agree with
    what you say.

    I was just saying that the BIOS has no need to read the BPB to find out
    the format of the disk. It already knows all it needs to know.

    Bob Eager, Nov 10, 2007
  4. Exact. So we finally agree, even we needed many words to find out ... :)

    __
    wolfgang

    Wolfgang Kern, Nov 10, 2007
  5. Flashback! That's right. I orient them the way the labels go on for 5 1/4
    disks. Haven't really used labels since the 5 1/4... but I kept the notch
    orientation. Funny... :)

    Rod Pemberton

    Rod Pemberton, Nov 10, 2007