    Anybody has the similiar problem?
    Thanks,
    Tim

    Tim, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Tim

    Rob Guest

    Tim,
    You most likely need to lower the RPM threshold so it will register
    properly. My 430W runs about 1400rpm. Since the BIOS sees it, once you
    set the threshold lower it should work OK. It's been said here many
    times not to run both Probe and MBM at the same time or you might get
    some screwy readings.

    Rob

    Rob, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I didn't run Probe and MBM at the same time, but still get zero rpm at
    either of them. I have set the threshold to 600rpm, still nothing.
    After some testing, I have some new findings. If I run Sisoft Sandra burn-in
    wizard long enough, the power fan start to increase to about 1350 rpm, MBM
    starts to see it. It jumps between 0 and 1350. After power fan speed reaches
    over 1400, I got stable reading in MBM.
    If I stop the burn-in wizard, cpu temperature starts to drop and MBM power
    fan speed is back to zero again after the speed slowed down to about 1350
    rpm. This happens with or without Q-Fan.

    The BIOS can always see the power fan speed no matter how slow it is.

    Tim

    Tim, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Tim

    Rob Guest

    In MBM monitor, I have my Fan Divider slider set to 4 to get an accurate
    reading from my 430W TruePower. I also have Fan Type set to /2. Q-Fan
    doesn't have any direct effect on the PS fan but heavy system use can
    cause the PS temp to rise, causing it's internal electronics to increase
    the fan's speed. This most likely explains why you saw MBM start to
    pickup readings at 1350 and gain stability at 1400 rpm. It sounds like
    your Fan Type is set OK for your sensor chip but your Divider # might
    need to be raised a notch or two. Higher numbers are for slower speed
    fans. HTH.

    Rob

    Rob, Apr 11, 2004
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Thanks a lot, Rob. Raise the divider # to 8 fixed the problem.

    Tim, Apr 12, 2004