Power Flicker With UPS = computer still going dead NEO2 FIS2R

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ThaZiPSteR, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. ThaZiPSteR

    ThaZiPSteR Guest

    I have a NEO2 FIS2R and an APC UPS, but when the power flickers, my computer
    still loses power... now heres the sweet thing.

    First I changed to a belkin UPS same prob, so I did a little test. I
    unplugged the ups, and the computer keeps running fine, with both UPSs
    <---sp? NEwayz

    So I thought It may be Power Supply, (420W thermaltake), So I bought a new
    raidmax case with raidmax 420w... same thing happens... I have decided it
    must be the MB??

    with either UPS I can unplug from wall, and it still works. But when power
    flickers... computer dies. I've already crashed 2 maxtor diamondmax9 SATA
    250 gigs on a raid 0 because of this. HELP PLEASE

    btw. any other computer plugged into either one of the UPS still works when
    power flickers... (it happens a lot out here in the sticks)

    thanks in advance for any help

    ThaZiPSteR

    ThaZiPSteR, Jun 16, 2004

  2. ThaZiPSteR

    PC Medic Guest

    Are there any OTHER devices connected to the PC by way of data cables
    (scanner, printer, etc) which are NOT connected to the battery backup
    outlets on the UPS?
    I have seen this type symptom before and it was a SCSI scanner connected to
    the PC but not powered through the UPS.

    PC Medic

    PC Medic, Jun 16, 2004

  3. ThaZiPSteR

    ThaZiPSteR Guest

    Now that you mention it, The monitor is 19" so I have it straight to the
    wall in an attempt to extned battery life. But I will def give that a
    try...

    Thanks for the idea,

    ThaZiPSteR

    ThaZiPSteR, Jun 16, 2004