    Just bought a compaq Armada on Ebay which is power-on password
    protected...as yet unable to get in, so looking for help.
    Paul

    Luap, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Since laptops are so easily stolen, they are usually made so the power on
    password can NOT be easily reset. Either get the password from previous
    owner or contact HP/Compaq.

    David Efflandt, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Luap

    HH Guest

    Clearing CMOS will delete the password. Did the Armada come with a user
    guide? If so, instructions for clearing CMOS will be in there.
    HH

    HH, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Luap

    Luap Guest

    It didn't come with a guide. But, I had a look in the back and found two
    smalll batteries (not the silver "watch" type) under the hard disk which
    I unplugged and then re-connected. This had no effect.
    Paul

    Luap, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Luap

    HH Guest

    The main battery was removed when you did this, right? You might have to
    leave those 2 batteries out for up to 24 hours to clear CMOS.
    HH

    HH, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Luap

    Luap Guest

    Yes, the main battery is also out - did I remove the right small batteries?

    Paul

    Luap, Feb 4, 2005
  7. Luap

    Luap Guest

    I just turned on again and it booted straight in!
    Thanks all,
    Paul

    Luap, Feb 4, 2005
  8. Luap

    cen04543 Guest

    Hi, how or where do you find those 2 cmos batteries and how do you ge
    to them? From Ken Walker Thank You, from Ke
    Walker, have a great day.

    cen04543, Jan 20, 2006
  9. Luap

    metronid Guest

    I believe the two batteries in the laptop are
    The Cmos and the main
    Cmos battery is under keyboard

    1. Remove all battery packs from the battery bay and DualBay, if applicable.
    2. Disconnect the AC Power
    3. Remove the real time clock battery
    4. Wait five minutes.
    5. Reconnect the AC power
    6. Restart the computer. During the Power on Self Test 162 System Options
    not Set message appears.
    7. Shut down the computer then turn off the power again
    8. Replace the real time clock battery
    9. Install the battery pack(s)

    Lithium Real Time Clock Battery
    There is a risk of exposion and injury if the battery is incorrectly
    replaced
    or handled improperly. do not attempt to recharge, disassemble, .

    To prevent damaging the RTC battery cable, rock the connector from side to
    side to disconnect.

    To remove the Real Time clock battery
    1. Disconnect the AC power and any external devices
    2. Remove the battery pack
    3. Remove the DualBay device
    4. Remove any PC cards
    5. Raise the keyboard
    6. Remove the Lithium real time clock (RTC) battery cover
    7. Disconnect the RTC battery connector from teh system board
    8. Remove the RTC battery
    9. Reverse the procedure to install the battery.

    metronid, Jan 20, 2006