    Can anyone out there please help with some information or links to reviews?

    Thanks

    Pete

    Pete, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Pete

    NewUser001 Guest

    never heard of that, but tiger direct has a weak reputation

    NewUser001, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Pete

    Sean Guest

    i'll second that for tiger direct. horrible company.

    Sean, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Pete

    NewUser001 Guest

    not to mention but they try to pass of factory rejected items and used items
    as new....

    NewUser001, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Well Thank You guys for the heads up on Tiger. That should save me some
    cash but it does still leave me with one small point of interest - are the
    Ultra Power Supplies good, bad or indifferent?

    If there is not answer to that question, what about the quality of Antec's
    units?

    Thanks again

    Pete

    Pete, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Pete

    Ed Guest

    A friend of mine buys a lot of stuff from Tiger for the company he works
    for and has had no problems with them, but he must get a big discount
    because Tiger prices suck! Also Tiger seems to be one of the last
    vendors to ever have the latest revision of a mobo, new video card, etc,
    in stock! I'd rate them 2 stars, there are worse vendors out there.

    Ed

    Ed, Jan 30, 2004
  7. I have a Kingwin from Tiger Direct, After having an Enermax die within
    5 minutes of power up this Kingwin is much better built and features a
    pair of variable speed fans with thermal sensor on board which the
    enermax did not.

    Chris Phillipo, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Pete

    S.Heenan Guest

    It is not possible to buy a good quality 500W power supply for $40USD. An
    Antec True550 is around $95USD and a very good PSU. Sparkle/Fortron Source
    or Enermax are other good brands to look at.

    S.Heenan, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Pete

    Mavra Chang Guest

    Antec's True Power units are good. Antec is a reliable name and have been
    for ages.Solid and reasonable.

    mc

    Mavra Chang, Feb 1, 2004
  10. I have one word for you. Enermax.