    Fellow A7N8X users.
    What benefits come from using a power supply with active PFC? I'm
    thinking of purchasing a Thermaltake W0011+PFC Silent Purepower 480W.

    cal, Jan 5, 2004

  2. cal

    daytripper Guest

    The benefit is to the electric grid. Power Factor Correction is intended to
    reduce the noise your system injects into the mains...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Jan 5, 2004

  3. cal

    peter Guest

    peter, Jan 7, 2004
  4. To the user, nothing really. Regulatory authorities in some countries
    require power factor correction because of the problems that large numbers
    of low-power-factor devices can cause for the electrical grid - the power
    company doesn't need to do as much power factor correction.

    Robert Hancock, Jan 8, 2004
  5. cal

    daytripper Guest

    Indeed, I find it hilarious to see a power supply vendor touting the presence
    of PFC as somehow benefitting the power supply, or the system, or the user...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Jan 8, 2004