    usually they have a 8pin ATX12V connector, but that seems not to be the same
    then a 8pin EPS12V connector. Anyone an idea ?

    Greets, Thomas

    Thomas Mayer, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Thomas Mayer

    Jim Guest

    Hi
    EPS12v means you need a 24pin + 8pin connector. Anything that is EPS12v
    (and not ATX 12v 20pin) with both connectors and that will fit in your
    case should be ok.

    Jim, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Thomas Mayer

    tosser Guest

    You can do one of several things:

    The easiest is to replace the fan in the PSU. This is reasonably
    straightforward if you have experience of using a screwdriver and
    electrical components. I did this with one of my 2462 PSUs.

    What I have also done, for another of my 2462s, is get an EPS PSU plus
    an EPS -> ATX-GES converter. You can find these from online suppliers,
    and I am sure I have seen a German website that sold them. Use google!

    HTH

    tosser, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Thomas Mayer

    tosser Guest

    Jim,

    No disrespect, but this is wrong. The motherboard connections are wired
    differently in EPS and ATX-GES PSUs. Thomas' motherboard requires an
    ATX-GES connection, which is virtually unique to this motherboard.
    If Thomas followed your advice he'd be heading for an early upgrade!

    tosser, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Thomas Mayer

    Paul Guest

    There is some info here:

    http://www.rackmount.com/Rackacc/ATXGES.htm

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Thomas Mayer

    Thomas Mayer Guest

    Hi,
    thanks for the info, that's exactly what I need. I might go the converter
    way because I was never very satisfied with the psu because even when new it
    wasn't really silent. So why not buy a good EPS12V
    psu and use that adapter. I have already found a cheap dealer for such an
    adapter... just 4,99 Euro + shipping...

    Greets and Thanks,

    Thomas

    Thomas Mayer, Mar 7, 2006
  7. Thomas Mayer

    Boss302

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have nearly the same trouble, I have a tyan S2462 and i think the PSU is gone, I have seen some ATX to Atx-GES adapters on ebay, it takes the 8 pin and 24 pin , and they end up a 4 pin and a 20, has anyone ever used this option? i hate to pay 75 bucks for a used PSU, that may not be my trouble,, thanks for any help, heres a link to the adapter http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=280040980259&rd=1&rd=1 and the PSU i have now is a NMB 460 watt unit

    Boss302, Oct 29, 2006
  8. Thomas Mayer

    Paul Murphy Guest

    If you were considering a Tagan PSU (if they make one with that connection),
    I've found 2 Tagan PSUs (one of which was brand new) to have problems with
    not powering up my Tyan Tiger S2460 (also a dual Athlon board with the same
    chipset) when warm. Make sure you get assurances it'll work fully in all
    regards, including warm reboots, from the suppler, that way if there is a
    problem you can get a refund/change brand or model.

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Feb 11, 2007