    power-up only 2 proccessor system. Am I right? Is it safe to power-u
    2 processors system without pluging second 8-pin connector? Can anyon
    to advice me power supply for S4882D with two 8-pin connectors

    Dizel, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Dizel

    BC Guest

    PC Power and Cooling power supplies have always worked essentially
    perfectly for me.

    They recommend either the 850 or 1KW (!) unit for the S4882D:

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/dual_cpu_selector/

    Tyan S4882-D (K8QSD Pro) (Quad Opteron) Turbo-Cool 850 SSI/1KW

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T85SSI

    $449 US

    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=TC1KW

    $489 US

    Looks like you are in Oz, so, not sure about shipping, exchange rate,
    etc, and how that would affect you. But, based on my experience, when
    unit arrived, it would be in good shape, and would work.

    As far as the dual 8 pin connectors, from what I understand, yes, having
    both plugged in would be necessary--PC Power/cooling does custom wiring,
    so they would add the second 8 pin connector, and connect it to the
    appropriate rail.

    HTH,

    BC

    BC, Feb 11, 2006