Power Supply Voltage problem!?!?

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Sean, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Hi,
    I've noticed ever since upgrading to a P4 I've had stability problems,
    especially with neverwinter crashing to desktop during the game... I decided
    to check the power supply voltage output and this is what I found:

    Core 0 1.89V
    Core 1 1.49V
    +3.3 2.59V
    +5.00 4.97V
    +12.00 11.98V
    -12.00 -12.68V
    -5.00 -5.09V

    Now to me the +3.3V seems VERY wrong! .. I've never dealt much with power
    supply voltages so does anyone know if there is something wrong here and
    whether it is motherboard related or powersupply related!?

    Those voltages were read from Motherboard Monitor 5

    Skyhawk 400W Power Supply
    Epox 4PCA3 Motherboard
    P4 3Ghz

    Thanks for any info!!!

    Sean

    Sean, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Sean

    ric Guest

    Read what the +3.3v output is at with a DVM *at* the PSU/MB connector.

    ric, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    I've tried using a voltmeter at the main ATX power connector on the mobo and
    those voltages read correctly! (3.3v reads as 3.3v) ... any ideas now!? ..
    could this be a motherboard problem? .. or is it the monitoring program's
    problem!?

    I'm so confused,

    Sean

    Sean, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Sean

    dagon Guest

    on epox

    +3.3 = VDimm voltage. For example:

    On Epox 8rda+ whit enermax 460w:

    +3.3= 2.7
    +5= 5.02

    dagon, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Sean

    DaveW Guest

    I would strongly recommend getting a name brand power supply that will be of
    higher quality and have better regulated voltage outputs. Antec is an
    excellent brand for PSU's.

    DaveW, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Sean

    Piotr [ta2L] Guest

    well, i think is a software problem. try something else: aida32, sandra or
    familiar

    Piotr [ta2L], Feb 22, 2004
  7. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks very much!! :)

    Sean, Feb 23, 2004
  8. Sean

    Guest Guest

    Try configuring the monitoring program for different hardware or
    install a different program. But gross discrepancies are common with
    this kind of software, and if the 3.3V really was 21% low I doubt that
    the computer would even boot.

    Guest, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Sean

    TFM® Guest

    =====

    Just to throw you a curve, my 3.3 reads at 1.52

    TFM®

    TFM®, Feb 27, 2004
  10. Sean

    Hackworth Guest

    Agreed. best bang for the buck, too. PCP&C and Enermax are terrific, too,
    but you'll pay more. The Antec PSes are every bit as good, IMHO.

    Hackworth, Feb 28, 2004