    I tried resetting the power manager but that seemed to do nothing at all.

    Is it just time to buy a new battery?

    Tom

    Tom Keenan, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Tom Keenan

    ZnU Guest

    Try this utility:
    http://www.applelinks.com/index.php/more/coconutbattery_11_battery_inform
    ation_utility_mini_review_os_x_odyssey_786/

    It should tell you what kind of shape your battery is in.

    ZnU, Jul 1, 2006

  3. Yes, that's a typical symptom of an old battery. If you plan on keeping
    this PowerBook for a while, a new battery would be a worthwhile
    investment.

    Tom Harrington, Jul 1, 2006
  4. I've bought a couple of batteries from Newer Technology
    (<http://www.newertech.com/>) and been happy with them. I don't know if
    they're the best, but they're certainly as good as they promise to be.

    Tom Harrington, Jul 3, 2006