    'cooler' but apparently that's not doing enough.

    Thanks. :)

    Evan

    Evan Platt, Jul 9, 2009

  2. Evan Platt

    Su-Z-Q Guest

    I presume you have checked the air vents all around the
    bottom edge and vacuumed them out already?

    Su-Z-Q, Jul 9, 2009

  3. Evan Platt

    E Z Peaces Guest

    I have a 1.25 ghz Mini. I haven't found an app that will display a
    temperature. If something keeps the CPU usage up around 100%, the fan
    will come on. A thermometer probe has never shown exhaust air above 105F.

    It's possible that the 1.5 ghz processor can produce more than 20% more
    heat.

    I'd look at Activity for CPU usage, disk activity, and processes. Maybe
    distributed computing is too much for a PPC Mini, but maybe there's
    another tax on the system.

    As Su-Z-Q said, it could help to vacuum the air intakes on the bottom of
    the mini.

    You might want to see how many watts your HD uses. I replaced mine with
    a faster one that uses less energy working hard than the OEM used idling.

    When I replaced my disk, I broke the thin plastic air duct because the
    instructions didn't say it was there. It took some trouble to figure
    out the right way to position it. If your Mini has been opened and the
    duct wasn't replaced properly, perhaps that could cause overheating.

    E Z Peaces, Jul 9, 2009