Precision 390 - Memory upgrade question

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ben H., Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Ben H.

    Ben H.

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Hi, I recently added a 1 GB DDR2 RAM kit to my Precision 390 (which came preconfigured with 512 MB). Everything seems to be working great, but I wanted to run this by the forum to determine whether I am optimally configured.

    From the BIOS, the Memory info is as follows:

    Installed Memory = 1.5 GB
    Memory Speed = 533 MHz
    Memory Channel Mode = Dual Interleaved
    Memory Technology = DDR2 SDRAM

    Memory Slot --Size-- --ECC-- --Rank-- --Type-- ----Organization

    Does anything seem like it's not optimally configured? What do the organization and rank mean?

    Ben H., Nov 9, 2006