    ?????????

    Help!

    Jim

    J West, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Sounds like your battery has died. You will need to buy another
    battery. I replaced mine direct from HP, and they are not cheap.

    Batteries have a finite life, in most cases the life is measured in
    discharge re-charge cycles.

    LION batteries have a very short life of about 400 discharge/charge
    cycles. If you are using your laptop only occasionally away from the AC
    power supply, it is better to only insert the battery when your need to.

    Nicholas D Richards, Oct 14, 2005

  3. J West

    dannysdailys Guest

    J Westwrote
    The battery shows a full charge on the indicator on the battery, bu
    This is assuming you normally use your notebook on AC power

    As said earlier, you need a new battery

    That said, when you buy it, there are ways to preserve it. Will th
    computer run without it being there? That's the first question. M
    Presario does. But, my battery is really easy to get out. Is yours
    Most brands aren't

    If yours will run without the battery

    Charge the new battery all the way up: Unplug it from the wall an
    run it on batteries to within 6% of shutdown. Shut it down, let i
    cool, and charge it all the way back up. Run it again on batterie
    doing the same thing. The battery will get stronger as it's cycled.
    Much stronger

    Do this at least 10 times

    Then, run it about half way down and pull the battery out

    Run the computer in AC from that point. If you know you want to us
    her as a mobile, put the battery back in and charge it back up befor
    you leave

    When the trip is done, run her half way down on batteries, and pul
    out the battery and start running the computer on AC once again

    If you do this religiously, the battery will out live you. Really..

    I have no clue why notebooks don't have a switch to disconnect th
    battery when on AC, but none I've seen have it. Maybe it's
    conspiracy to keep you buying very expensive batteries? LO

    Anyway, no batteries except "lead acid," (which is used in your car
    can take being fully charged all the time

    Best of Luck

    dannysdailys, Oct 15, 2005
  4. J West

    Quaoar Guest

    This laptop is seven to eight years old, circa 1997. The OP is
    fortunate that the battery (NiCad) is even recognized.

    Quaoar, Oct 17, 2005