  1. Hi,

    Very little out there on Google but what I found says it can handle a
    1.1GHz Pentum III with 100MHz FSB. Anyone have any clue?

    Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP), Apr 19, 2010

  2. I would not sink any money in an old laptop with restricted memory capacity
    Hi,

    I know it's an old clunker but it's for someone who simply wants it to
    surf the web and nothing else. Seeing as how a 256MB RAM chip runs
    about $5-7 and a PIII 866MHz CPU to replace the 600MHz Celeron inside
    is only around $9, it isn't such an expensive investment. Plus, Linux
    would run quite happily on it. I have read some posts that say it will
    accept a 1.1GHz PIII but I cannot confirm it anywhere.

    - Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

    Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP], Apr 20, 2010