    The 5000 has a VIA 82C586A chipset and AMP CPU,
    possibly not the best match in the computing world. Im going to try and
    update the VIA drivers.

    Test, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Test

    HH Guest

    Uh, which 5000? There are dozens of them.
    HH

    HH, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Test

    anc Guest

    I got a Presario 5000 WV series working, first upgrade the Compaq Bios to
    3/28/02 then the latest Radeon drivers for the card, that should work. The
    drivers were fussy, had to install and reboot around 3 times. OS was win Me

    anc, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Test

    the yeti Guest

    Im not impressed with ATI, the install is abysmall and the computer will

    A possibality: My 5000 had no case fan stock, and that bad boy got
    hot inside overheating like crazy. Add some cooling, see if that
    helps.

    the yeti, Sep 13, 2003