    the battery will remain at whatever % charge it's at.

    Does this indicate a defective battery or something defective in my
    computer?

    Bob Simon, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Bob Simon

    foolinyu Guest

    Common problem with Presario, send it back for repair.

    foolinyu, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Bob Simon

    Bob Simon Guest

    The notebook is out of warranty. But since the battery is new, I
    thought if THAT was the problem, I could send IT back for replacement.

    This common problem you mentioned, is it the external power supply or
    something inside the notebook?

    Bob Simon, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Bob Simon

    ikenfixit Guest

    Its most likely the converter board.. I repair a ton of 700's and they
    all have problems. We have the part if you need it! (They are
    cheap)..easy to change also.. www.ikenfixit.com

    ikenfixit, Oct 11, 2004