Presario 7000US won't boot after adding DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Frank, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi all,

    I was adding a DVD-RW drive to my Presarion 7000US. The factory CD-RW drive
    was set to CS, so I set the DVD to CS also. The computer didn't boot.

    I switched the drives around, setting them master/slave. Still didn't boot.

    I then disconnect all the drives, and reconnected them one by one. Same
    problem. Finally, I try to boot with just the HD, that too did not boot.

    The PS, CPU fan, HD and all optical drives would come on or would cycle.
    But the POST screen would not come on. No beeps. The monitor power
    indicator just blinks, as if not getting the signal. The monitor does work
    on another computer.

    Tried resetting CMOS. Didn't work.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Frank, Jun 22, 2005