Pressario Quick Restore error 50:4

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Gma2the7pwr, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Gma2the7pwr

Gma2the7pwr

Hi - I am new to the group and the computer knowledge I have is minimal. I have a Compaq Pressario #5BWM2A. I had a total meltdown and it wouldn't boot. After speaking with H/P I purchased a System Restore disk.
    When I insert the disk and after a couple messages, it gives an error 50:4 contact manufacturer.

After goofing around with it a little I lost even the start up screen (Compaq). Talked with H/P again who said it was possible then that it was a hardware issue. So with nothing left to loose, I dissassembled the computer (internal) and hooked everything back up again. I now get the Compaq screen and back to where it tells me the error 50:4. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions or resolutions to this problem.

Gma2the7pwr, Jun 15, 2006
  2. Gma2the7pwr

gomes.rohit

Compaq Presario Quickrestore error 50:4

Make sure that your have set your computer hard disk to master in System BIOS and then Whenthe Quickrestore box flashes hit the caps lock key. When it stops flashing hit the numlock key and IMMEDIATELY hit control Q. Then when it asks for your restore floppy just hit escape. Make sure all
    printers, scanners, and phone lines are disconnected. It really work's....

......Rohit.....

gomes.rohit, May 22, 2007
Ask a Question