    context in the drawer.

    Is Preview unable to do text searching in certain types of PDFs, or am I
    missing something?

    Julian Vrieslander, Nov 11, 2003

  2. <
    Not all PDFs actually contain text, even if they look like they do.
    Some contain pictures of each page of the document rather than the
    letters that make up the pages. It all depends on how the PDF was
    created. That might be the case with this document. Try opening this
    document in Acrobat Reader and see if the text is searchable there.

    Tom Harrington, Nov 11, 2003

  3. As I wrote in my original post, the document is searchable in Acrobat
    5.0, but not in Preview 2.1. So there is something else going on here.

    Julian Vrieslander, Nov 11, 2003
  4. More info. In Preview, the Text selection tool does not work on this
    document. In Acrobat Reader, same document, Text selection tool works
    normally.

    I've now verified this behavior on two different Macs, one of which has
    a clean install of Panther and the new Preview application.

    Julian Vrieslander, Nov 12, 2003