previously, on MOBOS

Discussion in 'Abit' started by jammer-a, Mar 8, 2008.

1. jammer-a

jammer-a

There used to be a somewhat common PCI card you could chuck in a slot, power up, and have it run through all the hardware on a device and give yes or no returns (or more) on a small digital readout for troubleshooting. I went to 5 independent computer stores today and the young'uns didnt even know what i was talkin about.

are people using software applications now to query and analyze motherboard hardware beyond what device manager will tell them? (which of course, is only whether a given component is there or not) event logs are so rarely useful from windows.

I have an abit kw7 and two abit AN7's that have been kinda kooky, some days they'll be totally rock solid and other days they'll just decide, "hey, im just gonna generate some errors on the first IDE channel, 'K?"

or has it gotten to the point no one wants to analyze anything and find reasons, and just replace everything with the next big bad version?

jammer-a, Mar 8, 2008
Ask a Question