    that be the best way to speed up this PC, or would that just be throwing
    good money at a lost cause? Thanks for any advice you can provide.
    -chief jo

    Chief Jo, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Chief Jo

    RJ Guest

    Forget it. The improvement would be marginal at best.
    The only speed change will be during disk accesses, so unless
    you do things with lots of disk access it would be
    basically useless. Get something newer.

    RJ, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Chief Jo

    Chief Jo Guest

    My hobby is burning cd's from my old LP's, and one side of an LP can be as
    large as 2GB. Cleaning up the audio really works the disk. Still think I'd
    be better off with a newer PC?

    Chief Jo, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Chief Jo

    RJ Guest

    Yes, a faster PC with more memory would access the disk a
    lot less, the virtual memory, and gve you faster disks. Cleaning up
    the audio isn't really about disk access so much as it's about
    audio processing.

    RJ, Apr 27, 2004