prime 95 stable with dfi nf4 and g.skill tccd and venice?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by a, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. a

    a Guest

    High guys, I've recently upgraded my main computer and for the most part it
    is stable. I haven't overclocked it yet but I do intend to. But before I
    do I'd like to figure out what is causing the random reboots. They do seem
    to happen when I am transferring files from one place to another so I
    thought it might be my ram, but I don't know. A couple times when windows
    xp reboots it says that it recovered from a serious error or whatever and
    that it was most likely a display driver problem. I have the latest
    Catalyst drivers installed for my card so I don't know. I don't think it
    could be overheating. My temps under full load in prime 95 are right around
    38c and at idle are as low as 28c but typically around 30c. System temps
    are around 29-30c at idle and around 34c full load in P95. vcore is 1.4
    chipset is 1.5 and memory was 2.6v. But P95 wasn't stable for barely a
    minute during the inplace large fft test but was stable in the blend test
    for about half an hour. I decided to up the vdimm to 2.7 to see if that
    would help and I ran P95 again (in place large fft) and this time it
    appeared to be pretty stable. I stopped the test after one hour and there
    were 0 errors or warnings. I know I have a lot more testing to do but I was
    wondering if anyone here had experience with the dfi nf4 ultra-d using
    g.skill samsung tccd 4400 LE with a venice core. I have found several good
    web articles on using tccd with the dfi nf4 boards particularly in regards
    to detailed memory settings in the bios, but I thought I'd check here as
    well.

    Any how, here is my complete system specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz Venice core Socket 939
    Stepping:
    ADA3200DAA4BP
    LBBLE 0517BPDW
    Z641406D50245
    DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 nForce4 Ultra
    G.Skill 1GB (2 x 512MB) 275 MHz DDR 550 PC 4400 Samsung TCCD
    F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE 2.5-3-3-7 1T command rate and (200) 1:1 ratio.
    Vandtec Iceberg DDR-A1C Copper RAM Heat Spreader x 2 (I have a 70 mm fan
    blowing air across the sticks.)
    Rosewill RX8XL-256PX Radeon X800 XL 256 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
    Aspire ATX-AS520W SILVER ATX 520 W 34 Amp on +12v rail
    Thermalright XP-90 with Thermaltake SilentCat 92 mm fan
    Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound applied to cpu, graphics card and chipset
    LG GSA-4160BI IDE DVD +/- RW / DVD-RAM Dual Layer Burner
    2 x 160 GB Maxtor ATA 133 7200 RPM 8 MB Cache
    Lian Li PC-V1000
    Viewsonic KU 206 Keyboard with integrated 2 port USB 1.1 hub
    Microsoft S+ARCK BI200001 Blue 2 tone 3 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Optical Mouse
    CH Products Flight Sim Yoke USB
    Ch Products Flight Sim Rudder Pedals USB
    Rosewill RX30-U2FA 3.5" USB + IEEE 1394 External Enclosure with 200 GB
    Western Digital ATA 100 7200 RPM 8 MB Cache
    Linksys WRT54GS IEEE 802.11 b / g, 802.3 Wireless Broadband Router

    Thanks in advance
    Roy

    a, Jul 1, 2005

  2. a

    a Guest

    I forgot to mention that both sticks of ram are memtest stable for many
    hours.

    a, Jul 1, 2005

  3. a

    CoCo Guest

    a skrev:
    hi

    check for chipset drivers and maybe test a other version.

    test disk stability with massive/large file tests. (non-vital files)

    coco

    CoCo, Jul 1, 2005
  4. a

    Ian Guest

    My suggestion (if your mobo allows it) is to slightly increase voltage
    to the Radeon, say up to 1.6v or even 1.7. I have seen this b4 with Radeons.

    Ian.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 01/07/2005
    Tested on: 01/07/2005 22:21:37

    Ian, Jul 1, 2005
  5. a

    Ian Guest

    Oops, shit, I'm talking about AGP aren't I, duh, but I believe similar
    can apply to PCIE.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 01/07/2005
    Tested on: 01/07/2005 22:25:02

    Ian, Jul 1, 2005
  6. a

    TonyC Guest

    http://www.dfi-street.com/

    TonyC, Jul 2, 2005
  7. a

    a Guest

    yeah that's the site I was talking about. great stuff there.

    a, Jul 3, 2005
  8. a

    a Guest

    upping the vdimm to 2.7 seems to have worked. I was able to run p95 for
    several hours yesterday evening perfectly stable so I began raising the htt.
    I'm up to 2.4GHz now.

    settings:
    240 htt
    10x multiplier
    timings 2-3-3-10
    running 1:1
    1T command rate

    voltages:
    1.4v vcore
    1.6v chipset
    1.3v ldt
    1.7v vdimm

    temps:
    load = 40 max
    idle = 30 ish

    p95 still stable and memtest stable.
    I'll be pushing the htt up slowly and will be testing along the way so I'll
    post back with more results later.

    Roy

    a, Jul 3, 2005