Pro266 Master Won't Boot Unless Bios is Cleared

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Harris, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Harris

    Harris Guest

    I've tried everything. I've replaced the battery, flashed the bios
    with latest version, flashed the bios with the original version,
    prayed to the BIOS gods, and nothing works.

    If I clear the BIOS settings via the jumper, the machine boots
    perfectly. Upon reboot (hard or soft) or shutdown the computer will
    not come back up. It gives the 4 red LED error (which I believe is a
    bad processor).

    This makes no sense. Bad BIOS?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    PS: A buddy of mine had the same problem with this board; therefore,
    it's not related to memory, video card, p/s, etc. The only common
    variables between the 2 attempts are the MOBO and the CPU.

    Harris, Nov 22, 2003