    than 2 8bits ADC and a DAC (4bits or more will do the job) in one
    signal chips

    Thanks

    Alentanic, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Alentanic

    MArk Guest

    For Rs-485 you should use 75176 for converting TTL levels (UART)
    to RS485.

    MArk, Oct 31, 2003

  3. In a flurry of electrons Alentanic spake thus:
    No.
    Best to use a seperate chip for RS-485 (=cheap chip). Like that, if it
    gets 'zapped' you don't kill the micro (=expensive chip).

    Brian Fairchild, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Or properly protect it so it doesn't ever get zapped.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, Oct 31, 2003
  5. GOAL Semiconductor have some devices with RS-485 transciever ON THE CHIP...
    http://www.goalsemi.com/

    regards

    Dejan

    Dejan Durdenic, Oct 31, 2003