Problem Booting with SB61G2

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Babar, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Babar

    Babar Guest

    Recently got a SB61G2 case, replacing my SS51g case. However, having
    problems getting the system to boot. The Intel Inside P4 screen shows,
    then the PCI device listing screen comes up, then I get a screen
    saying "we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start
    successfully..." I select either Safe Mode or Start Windows Normally
    and 3 seconds later the system reboots.

    I have tried to get rid of Hard Disk Boot in BIOS, and start from
    CDROM, but this Windows screen still pops up. I cannot get it to boot
    from the XP Cd. All settings are "auto detect" including memory, cpu
    clock speed, etc.

    This is really frustrating as the system will not boot without
    restarting. Any ideas?

    SB61G2
    Corsair XMS2700 512mb
    WD800JB
    ATI Radeon 8500
    Samsung SM-348B w/ lastest firmware
    WinXP SP1

    Babar, Jul 10, 2003

  2. I assume you have simply swapped the old hard drive and other peripherals
    out to the new case, as the motherboards are different you will have to do a
    "Repair Install".
    Go into BIOS change Boot priority to CDROM
    reboot from windows CD

    if you still cannot boot from CDROM then there is a problem with your
    installation, CD drive or BIOS which will need to be corrected before you
    can proceed any further

    Once you have booted into windows CD
    1.. When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on the
    screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP compact disc.

    The following message is displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen that
    appears:
    This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

    To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

    To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

    To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

    2.. Press ENTER to set up Windows XP.

    3.. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the
    license agreement.
    4.. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in
    the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
    5.. Follow the instructions on the remaining screens to reinstall Windows
    XP. After you repair Windows XP, you may be required to reactivate your copy
    of Windows XP.

    David Gaguine, Jul 11, 2003