Problem Configuring WD2500JS STATA HDD to D945GNT mother board

Discussion in 'Intel' started by WhiteTiger, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. WhiteTiger

    WhiteTiger Guest

    Hello Everyone,

    Recentely I purchased a box having
    D945GNT as motherboard with Intel P4 3GHz
    and WD2500JS as SATA HDD.

    I loadded the SATA drivers during installation of Win XP using the F6
    key.

    After the installation, When I view the configuration using Intel
    Desktop Utilities it shows that my hard disk is running as ATA/100
    drive.

    Please suggest, How can I configure WD2500JS SATA HDD so that the
    mother board recognizes it as a SATA HDD?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    WhiteTiger, Oct 10, 2006

  2. WhiteTiger

    DaveW Guest

    XP cannot recognize SATA drives UNTIL you add SP2.

    DaveW, Oct 11, 2006

  3. WhiteTiger

    WhiteTiger Guest

    Thanks for your response. So then what steps do I need to follow to
    load the SATA drivers after Win XP prof. SP2 is installed. Please
    suggest.

    WhiteTiger, Oct 11, 2006
  4. WhiteTiger

    WhiteTiger Guest

    Anyone in this group has any idea as to how to load the SATA drivers
    after installation of SP2.

    WhiteTiger, Oct 25, 2006
  5. I don't have much familiarity with that board. Try getting SP2 upgrades
    installed. Then see what you have.

    Merrill P. L. Worthington, Oct 26, 2006