problem connecting to a SunFireV120 serial console

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Honza Dusak, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. Honza Dusak

    Honza Dusak Guest

    Hello,
    I am trying to connect with a tip to the A LOM port on a SunFireV120
    from my workstation ( SunBlade100 ) with a Cisco console cable ( blue
    flat one ). Connection to a pc running FreeBSD is ok , however
    connection to the SunFire is erratic ( typing is fine , echoed characters
    are missing or garbled ).

    Please, can someone help ?

    [sun ~]> sudo tip -115200 /dev/cua/a
    Password:
    connected

    FreeBSD/i386 (xx.xxxx.xx) (console)

    login: ~
    [EOT]
    [sun ~]> sudo tip -9600 /dev/cua/a ( several times pressed Enter )
    Password:
    connected
    om>
    lom~