Problem of running recovery for ACER Travelmate 290...Please advice

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Henry Kam, Mar 4, 2006.

  1. Henry Kam

    Henry Kam Guest

    I followed the instructions to restore XP from the revocery CDs...

    The recovery was OK.. but after the screen for Computer Name/Computer
    Description,
    the laptop was doing something for about 60 sesconds (the Harddisk was
    accessed) and then
    the laptop was doing nothing....the cursor was a pointer which can be moved
    around but
    no other response...ctrl-alt-del did not have any effect...the laptop
    hang!!!....only power down!!

    I tried at least 4 times!!!

    Please advise...

    Thx
    Henry

    Henry Kam, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Henry Kam

    DaveS Guest

    Did you delete / remove the 'hidden partition' ?

    DaveS, Apr 20, 2006