Problem using asus crash free bios util.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Haahr, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Haahr

Haahr

Hey.

I recently tried to update my bios on my Asus p5b mobo to version 2001 using Afudos BIOS update tool. I know it might not have been a good idea, and apparently it wasnt, as the proces where it installs the new bios failed, but the proces right before that where it formats the chip did not fail. I was unable to install anything afterwards. The program simply would not recognize the bios.

So I rebooted, but the screen stayed black and the pc speaker did not "beep". I started searching for a solution and found out that my mobo has the asus crash free bios feature. The guide on how to use this feature was very limited in my manual, but i found this (forum wont let me post the link in proper style so remove the space):

www .motherboardpoint.com/t61048-m2n32sli-deluxe-wireless-and-bios-update-problems.html

In the end of that topic there is a complete guide on how to use crash free bios. I tried to follow this guide, but I dont have a pci gfx (will get one tomorrow), which makes it hard (impossible?) to do.

I will post more when/if I get a working pci card.

Some of you might think that I should have waited with this post until I had the pci card, but the main reason I posted this is that I would like to know if any of you think that I will actually get this working. Can I use the asus crash free bios util. without any sign of life (other than spinning cooler units) from my comp? I have read people saying that it works without "power on self test", and people saying that a thing like this wont work at all, since a CPU is blind and deaf without a bios on the mobo.

If anyone has a good anwer to this I will be very thankfull :)

Haahr, Oct 27, 2008
  2. Haahr

danzo337

Did you have any luck with this?

I stumbled across the same post and was wondering the same thing as people didn't really post their results. Guessing because it probably worked and didn't bother coming back.

Currently waiting on the phone for some Asus tech support to try and get some confirmation before I go out of my way and buy a PCI video card.

Crash free bios information seems to be pretty rare even with google. :p

My case, I was trying to flash my BIOS but forgot to reset my CMOS before doing so, and while flashing, it stopped half way and seems to have corrupted my bios, no post, no beep, no matter what I've tried. :confused:

But what is getting me right now is the fact that, ONE time, it actually booted up and displayed the BIOS checksum error. I was stupid though and turned it off while I went to create a boot disc. Because now, it ain't booting at all again :mad:

Headaches headaches, hopefully this works.

danzo337, Jan 28, 2010
Ask a Question