problem using ATA-raid pci card on KT7-raid

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by tom hall, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. tom hall

    tom hall Guest

    is it possible to run both the highpoint controller and my new si3112 serial
    ata raid card
    i found the advice on the abit webpage that the pci card bios is too big or
    something (see
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kbase.php?categories=1&model=89&faq_id=112 )
    but i would like to use both, what bios settings will allow this?

    the problem was, when a disk was attached to the sata controller, windows
    would not boot. without a disk i could boot.
    i tried
    ata100raid
    scsi
    cdrom

    scsi
    ata100raid
    cdrom

    in the bios, along with hd-0 hd-1 and any combo i could think of

    at the moment i have disabled the highpoint controller and have 1 dvd-rw and
    1 hd on normal ide and one disk on the serialata controller
    i would like to reenable it however

    cheers if you can help

    tom hall, Jan 20, 2005