problem using multiple accounts on the same server in mail.app

Discussion in 'Apple' started by alexnotalex, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. alexnotalex

    alexnotalex Guest

    Dear All
    I am really excited by the new look and features in Tiger mail.app,
    however i have one big problem when trying to use multiple accounts.

    I have multiple email addresses (6) on the same server which I need to
    check at the same time. I set each one up as an account in mail. So
    far, so good

    BUT when i try to connect and check, one will work fine, and the one
    next to it will show a warning triangle and indicate that it is offline
    and display an error. It's not always the same one, and the logins and
    pws are correct...

    this setup works fine in thunderbird, but not in mail.app...

    please help me migrate back!

    best,
    Alex

    alexnotalex, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Have you tried Mail's Connection Doctor command?

    Barry Margolin, Jan 20, 2006

  3. alexnotalex

    alexnotalex Guest

    the connection doctor says everything is working perfectly. it
    connects to all accounts without any trouble at all...

    alexnotalex, Jan 20, 2006