    That is, unless there's a way to create a boot CD AND have a second
    CD for the image file. Is this possible? Need directions.
    THANKS!

    Hockey Buff, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Norton Ghost 2003 makes bootable CDs.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar aka Rocky, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Hockey Buff

    Hockey Buff Guest

    Ah ha. Since I'm stuck with Ghost 2002, maybe that's the reason.
    However, when I run the tutorial it says "Although you already have
    and could use a bootable CD, we'll create a bootable floopy." No
    mention is may ANYWHERE in the tutorial of how the bootable CD is
    created. Would it work if I simply copied the files from the floopy
    onto a CD or would that necessitate also changing the registry?

    Running out of ideas. Thanks.

    Hockey Buff, Aug 22, 2004
  4. I don't mean to blow you off, but the only version of Ghost I have ever used
    is 2003.You should contact Symantec technical support - they are in the best
    position to help you.

    Alternatively, you could upgrade to Ghost 2003. Don't even think of paying
    full price. Get it as part of Norton SystemWorks Professional, which is
    heavily discounted. The version of Ghost in SystemWorks Pro 2003 and 2004 is
    identical: Both include Ghost 2003. There is a brand new version of Ghost
    about to be released, but it will be many months before it gets sold at a
    discount.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar aka Rocky, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Hockey Buff

    Hockey Buff Guest

    Thanks, nevertheless, for pitching in. After all is said and
    done, I really believe I'm barking up the wrong tree. The
    ONLY way to CREATE a bootable CD using Norton Ghost
    (even with 2003) is with the aid of a floppy in drive A.

    I do happen to have System Works (non-professional)
    2004 which does have the later version of Ghost. But
    it also asks for me to identify the floopy drive. And,
    as before, the only choices that I'm given are either A or B.
    (B, of course, is non-existent.)

    Considering the fact that newer computers seldom
    include floppy drives any more, I'm sure there
    must be a way to create a bootable CD without even
    involving the A drive. And I will follow your suggestion
    on contacting Symantic.

    Meanwhile, one useful link is http://bootdisk.com/nero.htm
    having what sounds like at least one possible workaround.
    The only part I'm not sure about is creating an image file
    on the C drive (solution #3).

    Hockey Buff, Aug 23, 2004
  6. "The ONLY way to CREATE a bootable CD using Norton Ghost (even with 2003) is
    with the aid of a floppy in drive A."

    Sorry, that's incorrect. I make bootable CDs and DVDs all the time, without
    ever needing a floppy disk.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar aka Rocky, Aug 23, 2004