Problem using Trace32 OSE debugger

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Vakul Garg, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Vakul Garg

    Vakul Garg Guest

    I am running OSE Delta 4.5 on my MPC8260 CPU. For debugging purposes,
    I want to use 'Trace32 run mode OSE debugger' which connects to
    ose_dbgserver process over a TCP connection.

    After starting the target, when I try to attach the Trace32 OSE
    debugger with some process, the process halts. The debugger shows me
    the correct location of the HLL (high level lannguage) code.

    At this point, all the simple debugging steps (step-in/out etc.) work
    fine. Then I set some breakpoint at some other location in the same
    process and let the execution of the attached process resume. When the
    breakpoint hits again and I try to use step operations in debugger,
    the target kernel halts.

    Could someone help me figure out, what goes wrong?

    This is 'Trace32 OSE debugger' demo version which is freely available.
    The system has been compiled using Diab5.0 compiler.

    Thanks

    Vakul

    PS: The same setup is working fine with SDS debugger.

    Vakul Garg, Aug 6, 2003