Problem w AIW 9800 Pro and vid capture

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Villain, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Villain

    Villain Guest

    Greetings all,

    I have a problem with capturing video with my AIW 9800 Pro
    that ATI's web site and ATI tech support have been no help with. I
    have looked on the web, and if the info is there, I apologize for
    wasting your time, but I haven't found it.

    When I try to capture video using *any* software, at some
    point, my monitor screen blanks, and it is not possible to recover. I
    can hear audio from the capture in progress, but can't get my desktop
    back. I have tried setting "disable power management when playing" in
    the various capture software I have used, and disabled the monitor
    blanking in Control Panel/Power Management settings, both to no avail.

    This has happened with ATI's own software, Windows Media
    Encoder, and Pinnacle Studio 8.

    Soyo P41875P Dragon 2 mobo
    P4 3.0 Ghz HT
    1 Gb Corsair XMS PC 3200 DDR Ram
    ATI Radeon AIW 9800 Pro
    C-Media 8738 Audio (on board)
    SI 3112 SATA RAID HDD Controller

    ATI Cat 4.1's and MMC 8.8

    Thanks,
    Villain

    Villain, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Villain

    +CrimsonLiar Guest

    Sounds like you are 9/10's of the way there. If you try the following, I
    hope it will finally help you to make those captures you want.

    What you need to do, go into the BIOS during boot up. Next select the
    "Power Management Setup" screen. DONT CHANGE THE ACPI SUSPEND TYPE!!! The
    sysmptoms your PC has suggest there may be some timer settings in there for
    Suspend or Standby, maybe both. If those settings have time delays by them,
    change the delays to "Disabled". Now give your captures a try and see if it
    all works. Please though, make notes of anything you change on that screen
    so you can put them back to their previous values if needed, and be aware
    chaning some of the other values on that page can have a dramatic effect on
    how your PC functions.

    CrimsonLiar

    Edited>>>

    +CrimsonLiar, Jan 23, 2004