Problem w/video card and SY-K7v Dragon mb

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by James, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    I recently put in a Radeon 7000 (64mb w/dual monitor and s-video) in
    my SY-K7v Dragon w/amd xp1800. I put it in, then installed the
    drivers, and the computer will last for about 2 minutes if that and
    it'll just either: freeze, blink a couple times and revert for
    640x480 and 16bit color and say somethin along th elines of "windows
    has just recovered from a device failure please restart", or the
    monitor will just all of a sudden turn off and it will act as if
    there's no power going to it (at this point I would turn of the
    monitor and then back on, but the light will go out and nothing will
    display).

    is there somethin wrong w/the card probably or is it that it's not
    compatible w/my system?

    PLEASE HELP!

    thanks,
    James