    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance
    Peter Sommerlad.

    peter.sommerlad, Oct 18, 2003

  2. For further information:
    the three keyboard LEDs all blink 3 times together.

    peter.sommerlad, Oct 18, 2003

  3. peter.sommerlad

    ray hartman Guest

    BigP:

    Conserve brain_cells. Get a hammer, and drive wooden stakes thru its
    corrupted, bugridden black little silicon heart. The A7V333 is the
    DEATHWISH of mobos. Designed in hades, built by LSD_saturated
    brown-Recluse spiders and tested by lobotomized magpies ... you get the
    idea ---------

    ray hartman
    *******************

    ray hartman, Oct 19, 2003
  4. peter.sommerlad

    Hippy Paul Guest

    1 long 1 short was (is?) the IBM audio code for a system board fault - but
    this is an award bios.

    If you have not already done it, it may be an idea to do the old disconnect
    the power, take out the battery and short the two points to clear the cmos
    routine.

    What sort of upgrading did you do, did you try any bios flashing? - you did
    not try and use the asus online update or ezee updater did you?
    In case you do decide to flash the bios - use the floppy disk method.

    Did you add any connectors to the board - are they in the right place, might
    something have been dislodged during the moving of components
    have you got impossible jumpered settings for any components that might have
    been changed
    did you try the wire pin mod - and maybe got the wires in the wrong place
    is it a REV 1.xx board that may or may not have a problem with a 166fsb cpu.
    Is the heat sink making contact with the cpu surface

    other than that - what else have you not checked - psu, cpu...?

    Hippy Paul, Oct 20, 2003