Problem with AC97 onboard surround sound

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Aaron Powell, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Aaron Powell

    Aaron Powell Guest

    Hi, I recently purchased an MSI KT4 Ultra Pure KT400 cs motherboard with
    built in onboard realtek AC97 audio.

    I connected the line out and the line in (used for rear with 4 speakers) to
    my Altec Lansing sub, which then connects to the 4 speakers.

    The front speakers work fine, the rear speakers are horrifically quiet
    though, and can barelly be heard.

    I think this is a software problem, as if I switch the coming out of the
    computer so that front plays rear and rear plays front, the sound at the
    rear is at full volume, and that at the front is dim.

    I have played around with every setting I could find, but I just can't get
    the rear speakers to play at an adequate volume.

    I have onboard Realtek AC97 sound from a KT4V motherboard.
    I have an altec lansing 4 seaker + sub speaker system.
    I have upgraded to the latest version of Realteks AC97 drivers/software.

    Still nothing.

    Does anyone know how I would go about making this work??

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Aaron

    Aaron Powell, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Aaron Powell

    Rickster Guest

    I know that mine did this until I went into Windows and changed my
    configuration to 4 Speaker in Speaker settings... not sure if you tried
    that or not. Although you wouldnt be the first to have problems with
    getting the AC97 chipset to work :(

    Rickster, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Aaron Powell

    neopolaris Guest

    Did you get the newest drivers from the realtek site or from MSI?
    Best wishes.

    neopolaris, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Aaron Powell

    Aaron Powell Guest

    I got the newest drivers from the realtek website.

    I've currently fixed the problem by having the front speakers set low and
    rear speakers set high in the windows volume control, but I'd much rather
    have a real fix, I could try the MSI website I guess.

    Aaron Powell, Aug 4, 2003