Problem with Archive Python 02779-xxx . Ejects all dds-3 tapes.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Sivaji Ganesh, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I got this tape drive in a garage sale. It detects perfectly
    with my aha 2940w scsi card in Windows XP and also shows in
    device manager as "Archive Python 02779-xxx". Drivers are perfect
    and no conflicts. XP Backup also recognizes the drive.

    But all I have is DDS-3 12/24 GB DAT media only and all these
    media gets ejected immediately from the tape drive as soon as it
    is inserted. Is it the problem with drive or is the DAT media that
    I'm using is not compatible with this drive? Then which media is
    compatible with this drive.

    I'm searching for this product's manufacturer website and still couldn't
    get it. A few links in search takes me to Seagate website. Is the
    product line bought over by seagate? I want to know if there is any
    diagnostic util available in manufacturer website to test the drive.

    Any help is appreciated.

    TIA
    Sivaji Ganesh

    Sivaji Ganesh, Jul 6, 2003