Problem with Bios-Update; Board GA-7IXE4

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Bodo Stockschlaeder, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Hi there,

    I have a problem to update the AMI-BIOS GA-7IXE4.F7 to GA-7IXE4.F9 or
    GA-7IXE4.F8.
    It doesn't matter if I using the tool @BIOS or the original FLASH-Program.
    After approximately 12% the update stops and then there will happend
    nothing, without any error-messages.

    The AMIBIOS-Setup Utility Ver 1.2.3 (1999) containing default values. There
    is no exotically entry.

    Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

    Thanks and regards
    Bodo

    P.S: My configuration:

    AMD Athlon 900 MHz (now higher frequency ratio 110MHz).
    512 MB (128, 256, 128).
    ==> The last one seems to be defect (clock error). I bought a new SDRAM and
    this is the reason for the BIOS-Update. The new SDRAM is not recognized by
    my board/BIOS:

    Bodo Stockschlaeder, Jan 18, 2004