Problem with booting SunPCI card

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Jeff Wieland, Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Jeff Wieland

    Jeff Wieland Guest

    I have an old SunPCI card (400 MHz AMD K6-2) that has recently stopped
    working. The error I'm getting is:

    Unknown flash device. Mfg ID# ff, DevID: ff
    The sunpci startup script is unable to obtain the BIOS version
    Your SunPCi card may not operate correctly.

    Please check for software updates at: http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci

    Opening a SunPCi window...

    I've also seen a variation where it says something along the lines
    of:

    The Prom is protected. This can only be unprotected in a prom programmer

    Any idea what's wrong? Is it just toast?

    Jeff Wieland, Sep 25, 2005