Problem with ECS 848P-A7 Mother Board

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Terry Locke, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. Terry Locke

    Terry Locke Guest

    I just bought a ECS 848-A7 Mother board and a Pent 3Ghz processor. Problem
    I am having is that when I try to load a CD to load the OS, the computer
    reboots. I can not get past it starting to read the CD. A screen flashes
    up but then the computer reboots, clears the screen and I can not read what
    it says.

    I have tested all the components - CD drives, Floppy, Memory, HD and Video
    card in another computer so I certain they work. I have double checked the
    settings in the BIOS but can't see anything there that would cause this.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? (Other than go get a different
    Motherboard, which I am considering).

    Configuration:

    ECS 848P-A7 Rev 1.0 800Mhz FSB
    Pent. 3Ghz Prescott
    Muskin 512MB PC3200 enhanced (I even manually set the RAS CAS timing to
    match the data sheet but no change in performance)
    WD 160GB SATA 150Mhz
    CD RW
    Floppy
    ATI 9200 128MB video card

    BIOS Phoenix-Award V6.0
    Set the BIOS to recognize the SATA drive (I am not using a ATA drive). The
    machine does recognize the CD drive at the BIOS level.

    Terry Locke, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Terry Locke

    Ben Peddell Guest

    Have you tried setting the CD-ROM drive as slave? (I presume you've
    got it as the master of the secondary channel?)

    Ben Peddell, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Terry Locke

    Terry Locke Guest

    The CD RW drive is set as Master of the secondary channel. I can not slave
    it on the Primary channel (if that is the suggestion) as I have a SATA
    drive.

    Terry Locke, Jun 5, 2005
  4. Terry Locke

    Ben Peddell Guest

    I actually meant setting the drive as slave _without changing which
    channel it's on_.

    Ben Peddell, Jun 6, 2005