Problem with floppy disk drive and MSI 865PE Neo2-LSR

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Cristian Soto, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Hi!

    I have a problem with my floppy disk drive. One week ago I bought a
    new Motherboard (MSI 865PE Neo2-LSR) with a new CPU (P4 2.4 GHz) to
    upgrade my system. After I upgraded everything has been working fine –
    but the floppy drive still doesn't work. The only sign of life it
    gives is its constantly lighting green light as if it was working all
    the time, but when I try to access a floppy disk Windows XP says that
    there is no disk in the drive. I don't think it's a problem with
    Windows because when I try to boot from a floppy disk it doesn't work
    either. I checked everything in my system, I changed connector cables,
    checked the power supply cable (which is obviously working because of
    the green light), I even bought a new floppy disk drive thinking that
    the old one was broken – but I still had the same problem with the new
    drive.
    So my question is: Can someone give me another clue of what might be
    the problem? I hope that it is not a problem with the motherboard
    because it would be very annoying to get it fixed.

    Thanks

    Cristian

    Cristian Soto, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Cristian Soto

    Baggman Guest

    Flip the floppy cable over.

    Baggman, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Cristian Soto

    Me Guest

    Bingo. The cable was plugged in upside down.

    Me, Nov 14, 2003