    Anyone any suggestions please?

    TIA

    Phil

    scullsterhome, Dec 25, 2007

  2. scullsterhome

    Quaoar Guest

    You need to set the laptop display to its native resolution: 1280x800
    for the usual 16:9 widescreen, or 1280x1024 for a usual 4:3 display.
    "Usual" depends on the individual laptop; consult your user manual for
    your exact display resolution.

    Quaoar, Dec 26, 2007

  3. Thanks Quaoar

    Have reset the resolution 1280 x 1024, which appears to have solved the font
    clarity issue.
    Have resized the fonts to 125% dpi, as they were too small for comfort.
    The only issue I now have is that the screen image has a 1/2" strip either
    side and I don't know how to adjus the image to fit the physical screen
    size.
    Any ideas welcome

    Thanks again

    Phil

    scullsterhome, Dec 26, 2007
  4. scullsterhome

    BillW50 Guest

    In scullsterhome typed on Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:41:37 -0000:
    That is weird Phil. Sounds like you need to change the 1280 to a higher
    value.

    BillW50, Dec 27, 2007
  5. I don't think you have the resolution set to match the LCD panel.

    Also, re: "Have resized the fonts to 125% dpi". If you resized JUST THE
    FONTS, you did it wrong; the right way is to resize EVERYTHING.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 28, 2007
  6. Thanks Barry and Bill

    You were both right! The resolution required was 1400 x 1050.
    Found this in the spec for the lappy, hadn't tried it before because it
    seemed so "non-standard" to my CRT experience.

    Many thanks

    Phil

    scullsterhome, Dec 29, 2007