Problem with GA-7VT600 1394 (KT600)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Andy C, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Andy C

    Andy C Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a GA-7VT600 1394 that I can;t seem to get to work.

    No matter what I do I get the Bios beep alarm that means cpu overheat. (The
    up and down tone). The system runs for about 4 secs then powers down. It's
    never got as far as even loading the BIOS.

    The CPU is a brand new Athlon 2600. I've swapped out the motherboard for a
    different one with exactly the same result and I'm stumped.

    The only thing I can think of is that possibly the fan that I'm using is
    wired incorrectly or gives a false indicate of a CPU overheat - but I still
    get the error even when the fan is not connected.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Andy

    Andy C, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Andy C

    RamFan Guest

    I wouldn't try it again without the fan connected, these things can burn up
    very quickly. It definitely sounds like the mobo doesn't like what the fan
    is doing. I don't want to ask the obvious, but the fan is spinning, right?
    Do you have another HSF you can try? Even it it is the wrong shape or spec,
    you may be able to swap the fans if they are the same size. Past that, it's
    pretty well down to seating of the CPU.

    RamFan, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Andy C

    Andy C Guest

    The fan is spinning - and we are only talking 4 secs before it powers off. I
    swapped the fan and it stil gave the same problem. I've reseated the chip
    several times - is it likely that the CPU itself is faulty? How often do
    these things go wrong?

    Andy C, Oct 27, 2003